B.SC. (NAUTICAL SCIENCE) COURSE - 3 YEARS (6 SEMESTERS)
On successful completion of this course the trainees can join as a NAUTICAL TRAINEE CADET on board a ship (Indian / Foreign Shipping Companies). With further sea service and post sea training program, the nautical cadets can appear for the second mate examination. After passing they will be joining as navigational watch keeping officer as second mate onboard a ship. With further sea service, they will be promoted to CHIEF OFFICER & then MASTER (Captain) of the ship.
After successful completion of BSc. Nautical Science Course, the course certificate will be issued by the academy approved by DGS govt. of Indian . In addition to that candidates will obtain continuous discharge certificate (Indian CDC) from the directorate General of shipping Govt.of India as per the CDC rule.
- Candidate should have passed in 10+2 or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with a PCM aggregate of not less than 55%.
- Candidate possessing B.Sc.in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Electronics with an average of not less than 55% of marks in the final year and with Physics as individual subject in one of the year,.
- Candidate possessing B.E./B.Tech Degree from I.I.T or from a college recognized by AICTE.
- All the above should have English language as a subject, at either 10th or 12th standard or in the Degree/Diploma course, conducted by the Board or any University with not less than 50% marks.
- 17 to 25 years as on 31st July.
- Medically fit as per the standards set by M. S. Medical Examination Rules.
Candidates have to qualify a full eyesight test conducted by the Mercantile Marine Department before being finally selected for the course. They should have 6/6 in each eye without visual aids and should be free from color blindness.