PRE-SEA TRAINING – GENERAL PURPOSE RATING (6 MONTHS)
On successful completion of this Pre- Sea training the candidates will be able to join as a RATING in Indian & Foreign shipping companies as a Deck Crew or Engine Crew. The G.P.Rating candidate will be able to work in all seamanship activities on-board at deck side and other work at Engine side. With further sea services, they will be promoted as DECK SERANG, BOSUN, Able-Bodied Seamen/ Engine Fitter etc., They can also be promoted to officer Level with certain service and qualification requirements.
After completing this Pre-Sea Training, exams will be conducted by Board of examination for sea farers (BES) & successful candidates are eligible to obtain Continuous Discharge Certificate (INDIAN CDC) from the Directorate General of Shipping, Government of India.
There are wide jobs opportunities for our Indian Seamen all over the world.
Admission for General Purpose Rating(GP) - 6 Months Course
- Pass in 10th Standard with Total Average 40% marks.(With Individual Pass in Mathematics, Science Subject). (Or)
- Pass in 2 year I.T.I Course from Govt. approved institute with minimum 50% aggregate marks in final year.
- 40% Marks in English Subject is required either in 10th or 12th Standard (Or) Any degree/Diploma Course.
- Minimum 17 years 6 months - 25 years (Maximum)
- No color Blindness, 6/6 Vision in each eye. No Glasses permitted for deck crew.